Welcome to the first official recap of 2024! I'm excited to start the year off where we are, and even more excited to see where we finish. I have a lot of plans this year to improve what I offer while maintaining the core reason why you subscribe - a quick read/review to catch you up on anything you missed! So, if there's anything that you would like to see, definitely let me know. But with that, let's get into the news!
- If you haven't already looked at my predictions post from last week, go check it out!
- Twitch will experiment with 4K and AV1 on Nvidia 40-series GPUs.
- Twitch, OBS, and Nvidia announced Enhanced Broadcasting, allowing streamers to transmit up to five concurrent streams to Twitch at different resolutions.
- Twitch updated their Attire Policy time to address the implied nudity or 'black censor bar' metas. New rules prevent streamers from "imply[ing] or suggest[ing] that they are fully or partially nude, including, but not limited to, covering breasts or genitals with objects or censor bars." Streamers with cleavage must be sure "it is clear that the streamer is wearing clothing."
- CommanderRoot shared his Q4 Twitch Stats recap. Twitch must have de-partnered a LOT of channels in Q4, as there were FEWER partners than in Q3. It seems nearly 2000 channels lost Partner status.
- Twitch is working on the ability to blur thumbnails, and filter content based on Content Label preferences.
- A Bloomberg report found that Twitch Clips are being used to record and share child abuse.
- While Russian Fines against Google, Meta, and TikTok were removed from the State bailiff's database, fines against Twitter and Twitch remained.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 38.5% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!