Anytime we have a LONG recap like last week, I like to balance it with a relatively short intro in the next one. So, that's what you get today! But, with one request...
For those that went to Twitchcon, what was your favorite experience? Not like "meeting people," but an actual event or booth or specific meetup! What made it the standout for you? If you have a minute, answer that here!
And now, let's get into all the news from this week!
- Creators can now add (two) optional custom perks to your sub perks: Sub Only Discord Channel or Merch Discounts. This doesn't create any new function; it just indicates what you offer.
- Dan Clancy talked about how Twitch's Comms strategy for the last ~5 years wasn't good for Twitch, and it's been his most challenging change in 'fixing.'
- Dan Clancy says Twitch almost announced something about AV1 at Twitchcon. It won't impact rev-share right away, but eventually, yes.
- Twitchcon 2024 will not be in Vegas, according to Twitch's Chief Marketing Officer. See you in California.
- Twitch released the H1 2023 Transparency Report.
- Did you notice changes in your revenue? Twitch updated the dashboard for a few days with an indicator that there was an issue. It has since gone away.
- Post-Twitchon surveys started going out last week. If you have feedback or suggestions, this is the best way to get that in front of the right people.
- Amazon is making self-service advertising for Twitch available to all brands that sell on Amazon in the USA—a possible step toward broader access.
- This is how Twitch approaches Brand Safety (including disclosure of using AI to detect violations). A secondary article discusses how they "juggle users and advertisers," but it has a hard paywall.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 42.8% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!