Good Monday, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! As we quickly approach Twitchcon (11 days from now), I'm gearing up and doing all the 'last minute' things to prepare for it. As this is my first big social event since Twitchcon 2019, I'm still a bit socially feral (early apologies to anyone I meet in Vegas!) That said, I'm excited and looking forward to it. If you're thinking of things like business cards, stickers, or other promotional items to give to fellow creators, community, or brands - I would recommend finalizing those plans in the next day or two!
But enough of an intro; let's get right into the recap!
- I've compiled a list of parties and meetups around Twitchcon weekend for newsletter subscribers! I'll be updating it daily (until October 17).
- Twitchcon Meet & Greet bookings start tomorrow at 1 PM ET. You'll need the app to schedule them.
- Twitch CEO Dan Clancy plans to take action on Fextralife and other 'worst offenders' who embed their streams to increase viewership.
- Dan Clancy also initiated a new layoff at Twitch. This round impacted around 1.2% of staff, mainly the Customer Experience team.
- The Global Head of Communication and Community Engagement, Brielle Villablanca, left Twitch last week.
- Twitch is celebrating Black History Month in the UK and Ireland.
- Spanish streamers are struggling with the viewership collapse on Twitch.
- Doxxing is no joke. A Nymn viewer received a 30-day suspension for posting someone's IP in chat: 192.168.0.1.
- PAX Australia had a Twitch Partner lounge; here are some images from the event.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 33.6% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!