Quite the week in the streaming space! Lots of exciting news, updates, and opportunities. But also, one that has seen some controversy over the last few days - I have an important comment on that later in this recap. I'll also be talking a bit more about that on stream today! But, let's just get right into the news!
- Direct sharing of edited clips to TikTok is now live for all creators. (Pro-tip: take advantage of the 'Save to TikTok Drafts' option to add captions/deeper edits on TikTok before posting.)
- A new Ad Scheduler experiment will run ads at Twitch-determined frequency and length, optimized to increase ad revenue and improve the viewer experience. Channels included in this experiment will automatically be opted into this system.
- 20% of streamers will be getting a new Chat and Events experience in the next couple of weeks. It aims to offer more customizable feeds and in-feed notifications of key events.
- A new global emote PopNemo launched this week. Twitch says it's only available for a limited time.
- The Shared Ban System has increased the number of channels you can share with from 30 to 50.
- A new Turbo promotion appears over chats when ads run, encouraging subscribing to the ad-free experience.
- You can now view, download, and share vertically edited clips on mobile.
- Twitch is launching a new invite-only Copyright School. Streamers with a copyright strike who are invited to the program may have one strike removed from their account once successfully completed.
- A new Privacy Center will be launching soon. It will allow creators to understand their privacy on Twitch and access privacy controls.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 30.7% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!