Hello, and Happy Monday! Do you ever feel like you should be doing MORE than you currently are? My days are busy already, and yet, for the last couple of months, the idea of being on podcasts is top of mind. Last week, I did a private speaking engagement and was on PumpkinPotion's Tooned In show. And now, I think I want to do more? The struggle of being a creator - never being satisfied with what you currently do!
Last week I asked you what games you were most looking forward to, and you only had one consistent answer: Starfield. Others look forward to Lords of the Fallen, Super Mario RPG Remake, and Nightingale. This week, I want to know what kind of content you create! And now, let's get into the news!
- Subtember starts on August 31. ᵀ Subs are 25% off for 1 and 3-month subs, and 30% off 6-month subs. Between September 26 and October 1, Gift Subs will be 25% off. (Partners can effectively get a 100% sub split ᵀ on Tier 3 subs for six months.)
- In September, Twitch will allow creators to block banned chatters from being able to watch their stream. ᵀ
- Hype Chats are getting an aggressive CTA ᵀ displayed at the top of chats. There are three experiments, two full-length you can dismiss and one chip style you cannot remove. Hype Chats must not be used much if Twitch is doing Guest Star style disruptive promotions.
- Guest Star's raid invite function is now in testing. ᵀ
- For viewers watching without chat, Event Prompts ᵀ are now available to all users.
- The Chat Timer ᵀ for those using the Ads Scheduler is now active on all channels.
- A list of Twitchcon Vegas Artist Alley participants is now available.
- 2023 Twitch Interns have a special badge! ᵀ Keep an eye out for it in chats!
- Twitch CMO Rachel Delphin was on a Variety podcast.
- Samsung and Nyx shared insight on how brands can use Twitch. (It doesn't say ad content, but it sure reads like it...)
- Amazon reduced the cost of IVS ᵀ by up to 50% globally.
- Twitch estimates there are 31.7M monthly active viewers from Europe.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 40.4% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!