Good day! I have a personal (community) achievement to share. Three weeks ago, I asked my Discord community if I should apply for Twitch Partner now that the Affiliate and Partner contracts are the same. They said yes - we did it on stream! Well, last Thursday, I got the notification that Twitch had approved the application, so, I accepted it on stream. I'm excited, but more than that, what makes me feel something is this incredible group of creators, Twitch enthusiasts, developers, staffers, and more, making this community what it is. Thank you!
In last weeks quick poll, I asked if you planned to stream/watch more or less non-gaming content. Unsurprisingly, most of you said you weren't making any changes in watching or streaming non-gaming content. BUT, if we subtract the more and less from each other, you collectively expect to stream 8% more non-gaming content, while also anticipating you'll watch 6.9% more.
This week, I'm curious about your monetization plans for the rest of the year. It's only a two-question survey, and I'll share the results next week! And with that, let's get into the news!
- Chat Replies have now changed ᵀ to reply to the intended person rather than the original thread creator. The way it should have always worked...
- Featured Clips ᵀ has launched in anticipation of initial Discovery Feed experiments starting this week.
- Channel Pages now have a new sticky menu ᵀ experience when you scroll down.
- Twitch has updated its policy on Prohibited Gambling Content, adding Blaze and Gamdom to banned sites, and banned CSGO Gambling Sponsorships.
- There's a new chat setting for Screen Reader Auto Announce. ᵀ
- The Legacy Follows API and EventSub shutdown has been postponed until September 12. It was previously scheduled to shut down on August 3rd.
- The Twitchcon Party sold out. ᵀ Plenty of tickets remain for the convention.
- TOP HEAVY! The top 10,000 Twitch Streamers made up 76% of all hours watched. ᵀ
- The WWE negotiated a better ad split for their creators on Twitch. Perhaps the above 10,000 streamers need to negotiate collectively? Hm.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 38% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!