Good Monday to you all! Two weeks ago, I asked how you are all feeling about the streaming space now and compared to last year. Overall, the average sentiment was 4.26/7, with the most common answer being 5/7 (35%). Compared to how you felt about the streaming space last year, 55% of you felt Worse or Much Worse now, and 20% of you felt Better or Much Better. The balance (~25%) felt roughly the same as a year ago.
This week's survey is about Non-Gaming Content - it's only two questions! And with that, let's get into the news!
- Channel Points integration ᵀ has now been added to the First Party Alert system.
- Twitch has partnered with Pretzel Rocks to offer streamers a 90-day free trial of their premium service.
- Trust and Safety are running a "Safety Series" of content, including streams and other communication to help the community stay safe.
- A new Stream Display Ad (SDA) format is launching as a single vertical skyscraper ad.
- Twitch released their NetzDG Transparency Report for the first half of 2023.
- Twitch Follower/Following Lists ᵀ will be restricted as of August 3rd, 2023.
- Tom Verilli, Twitch's Chief Product Officer, is leaving the company ᵀ at the end of August.
- Mike Minton, Dan Clancy, Merry Kish, and the Unity Guild Leaders will be at the Seattle Twitch Meetup on August 31.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: You've read 26.9% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!