Keeping this intro as short as possible as we enter the week of Twitchcon Paris. I plan to watch a bunch of Twitchcon on my stream, assuming there aren't disruptions to it due to the current situation in Paris. But we'll cross that bridge if it gets there!
One other thing to address... In light of Twitter's recent viewing limit change, I'll be adding superscript ᵀ indicators that will link to a screenshot of the tweet. This is a test, so please let me know if I should keep it or if you have a better idea (just reply to this email!) And with that, let's get into this week's recap.
- Twitchcon Paris is this week (July 8-9), and the riots in Paris are worth keeping an eye on. On July 1st, Twitch tweeted they are monitoring the situation ᵀ but will proceed as planned.
- Speaking of Twitchcon Paris, if you are colour-blind, I created a main show floor map ᵀ that is much easier to look at, IMO!
- Twitch Support Live Chat ᵀ is now available to all monetized creators ᵀ nearly 24 hours daily between Monday and Friday. Previously this was limited to Partners.
- Ads on Twitch (possibly as part of an experiment) show the total time of the ad break ᵀ instead of the number of ads.
- You can now toggle the Celebrations Overlay ᵀ on/off in your chat settings.
- Auto-Mod is getting a new setting called "Smart Detection." ᵀ The tool uses machine learning to track moderator enforcements (timeout/bans) and will then 'hold for review' messages it thinks moderators will remove. This experiment is active for 10% of streamers. ᵀ
- The Views From Twitch ᵀ visualization update has now been released to all users.
- Ibai has broken the record for most concurrent viewers ᵀ on a single stream at 3.44M. (Though, he wasn't thrilled that Twitch struggled to maintain the service for about 15-30 minutes and speculates that his view count was capped.)
- Twitch's head of ad sales in Italy spoke at Cannes.
BEFORE YOU GO: You've read 39.1% of this post! Subscribe for free to unlock the rest, including industry news, game codes, and more!