I want to keep this intro short. Partially because last week was long, but MAINLY cause I'm wanting to boot Diablo back up... haven't been compelled to be a gamer like this in a long time! I'm usually not that guy. So, in celebration of this time sink, let's get right into this week's news!
Want more than just the Twitch News? Sign up for the newsletter for FREE below to unlock industry news, creator news, AND the keys & careers section with game keys, paid opportunities, and industry jobs!
- For users who watch streams without chat visible, a new experiment will display chat events such as polls, predictions, hype trains, and pinned chat on the player. It can easily be disabled or ignoring it will have it disappear in 15-seconds.
- Affiliates and Partners will soon get a new creator homepage. It will feature tips, insights, and analytic highlights from the week. A more direct look here.
- Twitch re-launched a Together for Pride shelf.
- GIGA Chats (aka Elevated Chats, and now renamed to Hype Chats) look to be getting a release soon. Note: Track the split! In the previous test, the split was supposed to be 70-30, but Twitch did their usual scheminess and took fees - resulting in a 63% cut. Bits are above 71%* to the creator (*in USD. Local pricing ruins it a bit.)
- Twitch Support is running a pilot program where they will create a thread on Reddit's r/Twitch once every two weeks and answer questions.
- Chat History is rolling out on mobile.
- June 2nd was officially the last day Twitch Staff impacted by the layoffs were employed.
- Twitch CPeeO Dan Clancy was interviewed by Vtuber Filian. I need to make a YouTube video sharing the key parts.
- Guest Star gets another force-feeding feature with a bolded and mouse-over indicator that a stream is being powered by it.
- Twitch directly changed the GQL API aimed at combatting viewbotting and unsupported viewing experiences - resulting in those tools no longer operating.