Good Monday! This week you'll find stories from Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, Fourthwall, StreamElements, Pewdiepie, Kick, Zerator, Timthetatman, some great game keys, and another week of solid job opportunities! Short and sweet, so let's get right into it!
Want more than just the Twitch News? Sign up for the newsletter for FREE below to unlock industry news, creator news, AND the keys & careers section with game keys, paid opportunities, and industry jobs!
- Twitch officially launched the ability to edit clips for vertical platforms for all creators this week. (Some lore: Theo shared that this feature was being built WAY BACK in 2018 but was dumped.)
- Streamer-versaries will now run for a 48-hour window, from 6 PM UTC the day before to 6 PM UTC the day after.
- The Twitchcon Paris schedule is now available.
- In this piece, Twitch's Head of Community Marketing, Mary Kish, is quoted on why being a creator is an 'unsettling' career path. The Chief Marketing Officer was also interviewed briefly on platform stability and AI.
- Twitch CEO Dan Clancy has been streaming and meeting creators. I wrote about why it's an important first step for the new CEO. Interestingly, the former CEO also dusted off his stream for the first time in 6 years this week.
- Former Head of Creator Development DJWheat shared some thoughts on the CEO of Twitch streaming.
- Twitch ANZ SubFest starts this week.
- Pewdiepie was suspended for 3-days this week. Usually, this would be in the Creator section, but his close friend CinnamonToastKen says that Twitch paid for his content AND hand-picked the videos that would be shown - which adds a newsy intrigue to the situation.
- Amazon (Twitch) and nearly all other social media platforms are being sued by the loved ones of those killed in the Buffalo massacre.
- Twitch is partnering with Brasil's BIG Festival to facilitate streamer content at the event.
This post is for subscribers only
Sign up to read this post and all other free member only posts.
Already have an account? Sign In