Fifty-Two Editions of the Today Off Stream Newsletter - an entire year of publishing. A surprising amount has changed since the first one, and a lot more will change in the year ahead (for the better - I promise.) But right now, I want to thank the nearly 2000 of you who have subscribed and read it weekly! I'm excited to continue to share the news, stories, game keys, job opportunities, and anything else that may help you stay on top of the streaming space! And with that, let's get into this week's news!
- Any sponsored/brand partnership content can be self-identified with a new Branded Content flag. Starting July 1st, Twitch will begin enforcing it with warnings and possible suspensions if creators don't use it for branded content. This article covers when you should use the flag, but tl;dr: use it liberally!
- Twitch is bringing back Sub Tokens that will be sold to third parties to distribute. If you receive a Sub Token, you can redeem them for free subscriptions OR gifted subs. No timeline for release yet.
- The Batch Reporting Tool is being released and accessible via Moderator View.
- New design Stream Display Ads (SDAs) are launching alongside the existing ad styles.
- The Golden Kappa Train is getting a wider release - randomized across Twitch and will offer the Golden Kappa for 24 hours.
- Purchasing and gifting subs is now possible on Samsung Smart TVs.
- Twitch's Chief Product Officer was on the Built for Change podcast.
- Guest Star now allows you to invite people from chat - or you can auto-add guests. There's also a new test to push Guest Star in your sidebar with a +1 and a mouse-over overlay that lists the guest.
- Twitch is testing a graph of Views from Twitch.