A quiet week! As we enter a new month, I expect many more things to start popping up - Twitch has a slew of features, contract updates, 1st party alerts, and more they are likely wanting to get out sooner than later. So, I'll take any downtime between now and then!
I also want to take a moment to thank the latest paid members! Jen, Gun, Marc, Joseph, Steven, Kim, and Matty, I sincerely appreciate your support (for just $5 a month!) Thank you - you make this and my other work possible! And with that, let's get into the news!
- A new Golden Kappa Hype Train appeared on AdmiralBahroo's stream this week. The record-breaking (Level 50) hype train resulted in people unlocking the Golden Kappa emote for 24 hours. That outcome has not sat well with the community, with AdmiralBahroo himself calling out Twitch.
- A new Stream Events feature launched this week. The feature will initially allow streamers to celebrate their monetization anniversary (affiliate/partner day). But it may expand to other dates like 100th stream, birthday, etc.
- The Twitch Blog has received a mild visual update. Most importantly, having added dark mode.
- Twitch announced eight new Ambassadors, including Psyche, Lu_K, Arbmeis, Pepipin, Bulledop, Solivann, Fishc0p, and Studytme.
- Ministry of Sound and Lush Cosmetics announced a weekly livestream on Twitch.
- Chief Content Officer Laura Lee is making her first public appearance at Vidcon.
- Twitch ANZ is hosting a Creative Week.