A fun stat: Last week, at the end of the newsletter, I asked if you might be willing to share this newsletter with another streamer! Many of you clearly did because it was the 4th largest single-day subscriber increase since I've been writing these. So, just wanted to thank you all for helping me out. It really means a lot. And to the new people, welcome to the newsletter! Let's just jump right into it!
- Stream Manager Panels now have a direct swappable button.
- Channel Switcher will get a new test with additional customization in the next couple of months. It will also be enabled with category Clips.
- Twitchcon finally has a Head of Content, internally promoting Elyssa Grant.
- CEO Dan "Tom Clancy" Clancy continues his streamer media tour visiting Maya's Alveus Sanctuary, met with SypherPK, and is having dinner with Tubbo this week. In a couple of weeks, he'll be in Toronto.
- Twitch promoted the launch of Minecraft Legends and falsely tagged several large creators. They apologized after being called out by the community.
- The WWE and Twitch have made an agreement to allow WWE talent to stream again. The exact details are unknown, but evidently, Twitch gave part of their cut from revenue to make it happen.
- Safety at Twitch had a Human Rights Impact Assessment done, and they will be changing certain aspects of the service as a result.
- For the 4th time, Russia has fined Twitch for not deleting Ukrainian content.