What a weekend - I was busy with so many things that didn't feel productive! Ever had that experience? You're doing tons, but when you take stock of everything you did, it's like, 'what did I accomplish?!' Alas, at least with this newsletter, I can point to it and say, SEE ZACH, YOU DID STUFF! In fact, let's get right into it cause this is a good one (with a NEW record for potential game keys!)
- The Ads Incentive Program is getting more flexible (which is some great marketing speak to say it's getting rid of its main feature - reliable income, something they pushed heavily when it first launched.) My whole take on this change.
- Twitch is testing a new Simplified Bits experience on mobile devices.
- Tag Impressions are now available to 100% of streamers.
- Regional Titles and Cover Art are now available on Twitch via IGDB.
- Twitch has addressed Explicit Deepfake Content on the platform and plans to keep an eye on the emerging trend of deepfake content.
- Twitch has sent a temporary promotional $1 balance to select users' Wallets.
- There was a brief test of an Auto Scheduler for the Ads Scheduler. It was pulled back two days later as it seemed not to do anything new.
- Conspiracy theorists were out in full force last week, misinforming people about perceived changes to Twitch Viewers - and the same old conspiracies that Lurkers don't count. Twitch reiterated that no changes had been made. The video below covers the full range of the story.