In light of last week's discussion on the Ads Incentive Program, I wanted to answer the question, "Are the offers getting worse?" And with data dating back to February 2022, I could somewhat do that. It's a mixed bag of results, but not much has changed on a dollar-to-dollar amount year-over-year. But it's the demand for ads from Twitch that has. I explain more about it in this video:
With that, let's get into the other news from the week!
- Previously, I shared the expansion of Chat History to 60% of users; last week, it was reset back to 5% for unknown reasons.
- Twitch added an Endpoint for Shoutouts and EventSub for Create/Receive Shoutouts.
- Twitch 2022 Recap is no longer available.
- MGM Properties have allegedly banned Twitch streaming. I've reached out to MGM PR for confirmation or comment.
- An in-depth scientific analysis of the Twitch leak reveals high levels of inequality. "[Twitch's] non-algorithmic design still leaves room for classical choice biases allowing a few streamers to emerge, retain and renew a massive audience."
- Former Twitch Senior Creative Strategist wrote about how Brands do NOT need a Twitch channel.
- Twitch's Director of Properties, Christian Bishop (last in the news when outed by Ludwig for stealing content), shared this sales image for Twitchcon publicly. It's nice to know the official numbers.
View the rest of this post by subscribing to the newsletter for free below!