This is the last newsletter of 2022! Thank you all for joining and reading over the last half year since its launch! I'm glad so many of you have found value in it, and I aim to make it even better in 2023! (Teaser: Mild redesign, new content, new creator offers/opps, and more!)
If you're a creator that would like to see something you think I'm missing - reach out! If you're a brand with a great product that might align with creators' needs - send me an email!
Have a fantastic rest of 2022, and we'll see you the first week of 2023 with my predictions for the year (and any news that may happen!)
- Follower Emotes can now be used globally on Twitch as long as you subscribe to the channel - effectively rendering Follower Emotes both an emote trial and bonus subscriber emotes.
- You can now get your Twitch 2022 Recap here. It'll only be available until the end of January.
- The LGB Alliance has been removed from Twitch's Charity Tool.
- Raider Highlights is a new test that just launched.
- Stream Display Ads will now be tested in Theater Mode. They have also been expanded, no longer limited to 10 seconds. I've personally observed a 60-second ad.
- Guest Star has a new page on creator dashboards.
- AIP Offers for January went out. They are particularly bad for most creators. Something Twitch is aware of and quietly communicated in a help article.
- Twitch is on a company-wide break until January 2nd, 2023.
- Dan Clancy, the president of Twitch, tried streaming last week - however, his internet couldn't support it, causing plenty of lag, dropped frames, and stream crashes. A good learning opportunity (and a reminder that creators deal with the technical issues, content, and so much more yet only get 50% of sub revenue.)
View the rest of this post by subscribing to the newsletter for free below!
This post is for subscribers only
Sign up to read this post and all other free member only posts.
Already have an account? Sign In