A month and a half left to go in 2022 - and I have to say, this is my favorite time of the year. Creativity, unique content, and charitable events dominate the digital airwaves - and it couldn't be more inspiring! On the platform front, Twitch has been relatively quiet the last few weeks, which is a welcome change after a frantic summer! But, there is still tons of news to cover this week, so let's jump in!
- Sidebar Sorting started to get a release this week, currently available to about 80% of users.
- Twitch has replaced the Purple Screen of Death (PSOD) with a more aesthetically pleasing option.
- With the above change, Twitch's Adblock fight continues, as they announced that adblockers could impact people's viewing experience.
- Twitch has removed the dimmed overlay when you pause streams.
- Twitch Korea will remove VOD features for Korean viewers (including Clips, previous broadcasts, highlights, and uploaded content) on December 13, 2022. Creating VOD content will be removed in 2023.
- Twitch CEO Emmett Shear micro-interview about his phone.
- A documentary called "Merci Pour Le Sub" came out on France TV this week. The documentary features Domingo, Modiie, Samuel Etienne, and Zefeks talking about the good parts of streaming (community), the bad (income), and the ugly (harassment/hate).
To view the rest of this post, including industry news, creator news, and all the jobs and game keys we have - sign up for free below!