I'm often the first person to recommend to creators that you need to take breaks when you're feeling a bit thinly stretched. But, I'm also terrible at taking my own advice. This intro is entirely self-serving as a personal reminder to take some time off! So, if you see that I'm less active on Twitter/stream for the next couple of weeks - that's why! (These newsletters won't be impacted!) Speaking of, let's get right into it!
Twitch is starting to test its new Analytics layout. It's an excellent start to make things slightly easier to find - but it doesn't (yet) address what Twitch analytics needs: Better data. There are too many gaps in the existing data set to provide creators with actionable insight regarding viewership trends, ads impact on viewership, user type analysis, etc. Hopefully, the new attention will lead to continued development and expansion.
- Twitch's new slots, roulette, and dice gambling policy has been enacted.
- The front page has seen new shelves added, aiming for more trending content to appear there.
- Twitch is experimenting with vertical IRL streaming on mobile - something they have been testing the desktop experience on.
- Twitch Support on Twitter is now available in Japan, France, Spain, Germany, and Brazil.
- The New York Times wrote an article detailing why Twitch's Relationship with Creators is showing its cracks.
- The Senior Director of Creator Experience, Product, and Opportunities (Global Partner XP Lead) has left Twitch.
- The UK's Ofcom called out Twitch for not doing enough to stop children from accessing mature content. The article also says Twitch is working on 'changes to its mature content labeling and access systems.'
View the rest of this post by subscribing to the newsletter for free below!