Welcome to another Monday; I hope you all had a great weekend! I opted to spend most of it doing nothing productive. A rare thing for me! (It's also why this email is a couple of hours later than usual.) In a world where Creator Burnout is a real problem, taking a little time for yourself feels like a solution when done proactively! Don't wait for burnout to take a break. Anyway, let's get into this week's news!
Twitch announced that Hosts and Host Mode are going away. Starting on October 3rd, 2022, you will no longer be able to run the /host command, and Autohost lists will be renamed 'Suggested Channels.' The reaction among the community was disappointment and confusion over the reasoning (which, admittedly, is confusing and weirdly worded). Here are some other thoughts on WHY they are doing this that puts the pieces of the puzzle together.
- Commands triggered on IRC are being deprecated - a change that will mainly impact Chatbots. There is a migration path to a Twitch API.
- Streamers are receiving several different variations of Stream Summary emails. Some include a new layout, and others have modifications such as chat activity or emote stats.
- Twitch has made some minor changes to the upcoming Raid Control feature.
- Twitchcon now has Loot Cave Hours and Purchase Limits.
- Payout History is getting a Fees and Taxes test, which makes those two things clearer.
- Pinned Chats are being tested with a scrolling Top 3 Leaderboard.
- Charity Mode getting a popover also appears in the works.
View the rest of this post, which includes game keys, job opportunities, stories about Ninja, Valkyrae, Fuslie and much more by subscribing to the newsletter for free below!